1. What is the MetaTrader 4 Trading Platform?
The Metatrader 4 trading platform provides technical analysis, charting and Expert Advisors to help clients develop their own trading strategies. The MetaTrader 4 terminal is a perfectly equipped trader’s workplace that allows clients to trade in the financial markets (Forex, CFDs and Futures). It provides the necessary tools and resources to analyse price dynamics of financial instruments, make trade transactions as well as create and use automated trading programs (Expert Advisors). It is a convenient, all-in-one solution and is by far the most popular trading terminal platform in the world.
2. What are the market cut-off hours?
Forex market opens on Monday 5:00 am GMT+8 (5:00 pm EST), closes on Friday 4:59 am GMT+8 (4:59 pm EST). During Daylight Saving Time, the forex market opens on Monday 5:00 am GMT+8 (5:00 pm EST), closes on Friday 4:59 am GMT+8 (4:59 pm EST).
3. Can I install The MT4 Trading Platform in my mobile device?
- On the homepage of CP Markets, click on Trading in the menu bar, under Trading Instrument, select MT4 Mobile depending on your device OS.
- Login in to your CP Market account, under dashboard scroll down to the Software Download and click on download depending on your device OS.
4. What is the time zone for the MT4 chart?
The time zone for MT4 Trading Platform is set to EET (GMT+3 from March to November and GMT+2 from November to March).
5. I would like to view two platforms at the same time (i.e, one Live and one Demo Account). Is this possible?
The MT4 Trading Platform only allows one instance running at one time per CPU. You’ll either need to partition your CPU or run the second instance on a virtual PC
6. I cannot view any currency pairs in the MT4?
Please remember to right-click any pair on the Market Watch panel and select “Show All” to make sure you have all the currency pairs we offer.
7. How can I download the MT4 Trading Platform?
- On the homepage of CP Markets, click on Trading in the menu bar, under Trading Instrument, select MT4 Mobile depending on your preferred device.
- Login in to your CP Market account, under dashboard scroll down to the Software Download and click on download depending on your preferred device.
8. Why am I getting an “Invalid Account” Message when I try to login to my trading account in the MT4 platform?
An “Invalid Account” message usually indicates that you have logged in with incorrect MT4 credentials. Please make sure that you have entered the correct MT4 ID, password and have selected the correct server. If you are still unable to login to your MT4 platform, please kindly email to [email protected] from your registered email address and submit a request to reset your MT4 password.